Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It has been awhile

Second day in on the second week in, I can tell this course is not slowing down and I love it.  I have learned so much in only a handful of days.  I know this program has provided incredible avenues and routes to success.  We are learning SQL server management studios.  It has been a difficult transition from ASP.NET but yesterday and today we see how powerful a tool SQL Server can be in our future projects.  WITH GREAT POWER, COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY. Knowing that the entire database holds the information for your entire application is scary thought because you can wipe away the entire thing in a few simple keystrokes.  As a helpful reminder to everybody, Programmer or not,  SAVE YOUR WORK.  Simple but ignored a great amount of the time.

I know I have been talking about my projects and what I learned but I haven't really shown anyone.  So I am attaching a couple screenshots of work that we have been doing over the last 8 days.  

^ I am now a proud student of Contoso University


No comments:

Post a Comment